Fund Facts  

Inception Date: Nov 14, 2014

Documents for Fund or Underlying Fund(s)  

Description

Objective  

Capital appreciation and current income.

Principal Investment Strategies  

The underlying mutual fund invests primarily in a diversified portfolio of equity securities. Equity securities include common stock and preferred stock. Under normal circumstances, the underlying mutual fund will invest a minimum of 80% of its net assets (plus borrowings for investment purposes) in equity securities, and at least 75% of its total assets will normally be invested in equity securities that pay interest or dividends. The remaining 25% may be invested in non-dividend paying equity securities, short term instruments, and money market instruments (i.e., cash and cash equivalents). It is primarily a large-cap fund, which means that it normally invests more than half of its net assets in large, well-established businesses. Such companies are those that are considered by the investment adviser to the underlying mutual fund to have a market capitalization that is greater than the median market capitalization of the Russell 1000® Index measured at the time of purchase. To a lesser extent, it may invest in small- and mid-capitalization companies. The underlying mutual fund also may purchase foreign securities directly on foreign markets. It invests mainly in domestic stocks of companies that its investment adviser believes are financially sound and have good prospects, it also may, to a lesser extent, invest in foreign securities of similar companies.

Principal Investment Risks  

There is no guarantee that the Fund will achieve its investment objective. You may lose money by investing in the Fund. The Fund’s principal investment risks include Stock Market Risk, Large-Cap Securities Risk, Mid-Cap Securities Risk, Small-Cap Securities Risk, Management Risk, Foreign Securities Risk.
Please see the Risk Glossary for additional information about the Fund’s risks.

 

Performance & Expenses

Standard Performance As of Mar 31, 2016
Fund/Benchmark Name QtrYTD1-Yr3-Yr5-Yr10-YrSince Inception
VT Parnassus Core Equity   2.59%2.59%2.82%N/AN/AN/A2.82%
S&P 500 Indexa,b1.35%1.35%1.78%11.82%11.58%7.01%N/A
Morningstar Large Blendb,c0.30%0.30%-1.96%9.62%9.61%5.98%N/A

Fund past performance, as shown, is no guarantee of how the fund will perform in the future. The performance shown has been annualized for periods greater than one year. Investment returns and principal value will fluctuate, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. For current performance, visit www.icmarc.org.

Fund performance is shown comparing it to a "benchmark" which may be a (i) broad-based securities market index (ii) a group of mutual funds with similar investment objectives, or (iii) a short term government backed debt obligation such as a U.S. Treasury Bill. An index is not available for direct investment, is unmanaged, and does not reflect the costs of portfolio management or trading. A fund's portfolio may differ from the securities held in an index.

Total Expenses  (estimated)
Total expensesd0.87%

 

a. The S&P 500 Index consists of 500 companies representing larger capitalization stocks traded in the U.S.

b. Returns and/or expenses provided by Morningstar, Inc. Copyright © 2016. All Rights Reserved. The information contained herein: (1) is proprietary to Morningstar and/or its content providers; (2) may not be copied or distributed; and (3) is not warranted to be accurate, complete or timely. Neither Morningstar nor its content providers are responsible for any damages or losses arising from any use of this information. ICMA-RC does not independently verify Morningstar data.

c. The Morningstar Category Average is the equal-weighted average return of all funds per category, as identified by Morningstar, Inc.

d. VantageTrust Funds invest in underlying registered funds. Please refer to the underlying fund's prospectus for additional information on fund fees and expenses.

Distributions

Dividends and Capital Gains  
Record Date Ex/Payable Date Income/Capital Gains Paid Per Share
Mar 31, 2016Mar 31, 2016$0.127300000
Dec 30, 2015Dec 30, 2015$0.498800000
Nov 24, 2015Nov 24, 2015$2.754700000
Sep 30, 2015Sep 30, 2015$0.116700000
Jun 30, 2015Jun 30, 2015$0.104700000
Mar 31, 2015Mar 31, 2015$0.083100000
Dec 30, 2014Dec 30, 2014$0.197300000
Nov 25, 2014Nov 25, 2014$0.674600000
 

Footnotes

1.

Please read Making Sound Investment Decisions: A Retirement Investment Guide and the accompanying VantageTrust Fund Fees and Expenses document ("Guide") carefully for a complete summary of all fees, expenses, investment objectives and strategies, and risks before investing. For a current Guide, contact ICMA-RC by calling 800-669-7400 or log into your account at www.icmarc.org.