Ask MissionSquare Retirement: What tax forms will I get from MissionSquare Retirement this spring?

You’ll be getting key tax documents from MissionSquare Retirement in the first few months of the year. You should have received a Form 1099-R in January 2019, reporting any distributions you made from your 457 or 401 plan or IRA in 2018. Review the distribution codes when you receive those forms and contact MissionSquare Retirement with any questions. You need this information to file your 2018 taxes and should keep the forms with your tax records.

In May 2019, you’ll receive Form 5498 reporting any IRA contributions, rollovers, or conversions you made for 2018. This tax form comes after the tax-filing deadline, but you should keep it with your tax records, too.

If you have misplaced any forms or they were lost in the mail, you can also get copies by logging in to your account at Just click the Statements & Confirms option from the dropdown next to the plan of your choice on the home page to view, print, or save the document to your files.

Have a question for us? Send your question to We will draft articles based on broad topics. If you have a specific question about your account, please log in to your account and use the Contact Us option at the top of each page for an MissionSquare Retirement representative.


    Return to top